Depression is usually defined as a mental health problem that involves a persistent feeling of sadness, inability to complete daily tasks, and loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed. “We might not always be able to cope with each burden in our lives on our own. This does not mean that we are weak.”
What can you do about depression?
- Open up to those you trust about the feelings you are experiencing and seek their help.
- There are many other people who go through the same process as you and experience similar feelings. Talk to people you can seek advice from or share your experiences with.
- Spend time with your loved ones and family members.
- Connect with the outer world and stay in touch with your social circle. -Share with your doctor the feelings and the physical challenges you experience.
- Do not hesitate to seek help!
“The actual power lies in holding onto the good things and our loved ones in life and to ask for help when needed!”